Friday, October 08, 2004

The Resident I Hate

I am fast becoming the Resident I hate. You know the one. He thinks he knows everything, he assigns presentations left and right, he doesn’t remember what being the medical student was like, never ever helps with intern scut and, of course, never helps with intern scutwork. This was my nightmare as an intern and now I am my intern’s nightmare.
After my three month hiatus from the medicine floor I have quickly picked up where I left off. The cocky, arrogant, knowledgeless shit is back, but now I get to boss other people around. Maybe the power went to my head. Every time I even think about helping intern I am reminded of my last year and think “leave them alone, they need to go through this to learn”. Of course they don’t, just don’t tell me that.